Your resume is the dynamite in your job search toolkit. Its sole purpose is to sell you to a prospective employer and convince them to bring you to the next stage of the hiring process.
In this section you’ll find our top tips for writing a resume and its close cousin: the cover letter.
- Resume formatting basics – includes a resume template
- Cover letter guide
- Webinar recording: Make your resume sizzle & interview like a pro
- 4 resume grammer & writing tips you need to know
- 13 resume do’s and don’ts
- Resume writing: Old school vs. new school
- Chronological vs. functional resumes
Looking for an easy way to create a professional resume or online portfolio? Try Visual CV »
Face-to-face interviews are a major step in the hiring process, and one that strikes fear in the hearts of many a job seeker. But fear not! After many years of conducting literally thousands of interviews, we’ve collected our top tips on how to ace them!
In this section you’ll find this useful advice about job interviews:
- How to prepare for an interview
- A guide to behavioural interviews
- Webinar recording: How to ace behavioural interviews
- Job interview best practices
- Questions to ask an interviewer
- What to wear to an interview
- A guide to video interviews (Skype, FaceTime, etc.)
- How to recover from a bad interview
- Webinar recording: Salary negotiations – knowing your value and getting to a win-win
Social media has become a key part of job hunting and hiring. It allows job seekers to learn more about potential employers and vice versa. In some cases, social media sites also offer their own online job boards (such as LinkedIn Jobs and Facebook Jobs). As a candidate, you should be mindful about what you post on social media (what impression are you leaving for a potential employer?) but you should also think of social media as a powerful tool to help in your job search.
An elevator pitch or elevator speech is a concise and impactful description of who you are and what you offer. It’s called an elevator pitch because you should be able to deliver it in no more than 20 seconds, roughly the duration of an elevator ride with someone you’ve just met. Read more »
Want more information and resources delivered to your inbox?
JOB SEEKER BLOG
Recruitment is an intricate business, with lots of moving parts and people’s careers on the table. It’s the reason why we love it so much and care deeply about holding ourselves to the highest standards. [...]