The Headhunters hosted a webinar with guest speaker Angela Champ on How to Ace Behavioural Interviews.
If you’ve ever been in a job interview where you were asked questions that started with, “Tell me about a time when…” then you’ve experienced a behavioural interview. If you’re not used to this style of interview, it can be a bit intimidating at first! In this webinar, Angela discussed why employers use behavioural interviews, shared real-life examples, and provided several useful tips.
Watch the webinar recording to hear Angela’s expert advice, including:
- What a behavioural interview is
- The flaws of this style of interviewing and what you can you as the candidate/interviewee to compensate
- The difference between leading vs. non-leading behavioural interview questions
- Sample behavioural interview questions
- The ‘STAR’ model (Situation, Task, Action, Result) and how to use it
- How to prepare for behavioural interviews, including how to get question clues from a job description
- How to answer questions during the interview with specific examples
Passionate about lifelong learning and inspiring others to achieve their best potential, Angela Champ writes, blogs and speaks on a variety of leadership, professional development and personal growth topics. With experience in various industries including insurance, oil & gas, engineering, tourism, and banking, she is currently Senior Vice President, People & Culture, with Prospera Credit Union. Angela has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of British Columbia, a Diploma in Adult Education from Vancouver Community College, and an MBA from Royal Roads University. Drawing on her years as a Human Resources Executive, Angela has recently published the book It Depends: Employee Relations Case Studies for Human Resources Professionals and Students.