- Type: Full-time
- Location: AB - Calgary & Area
- Compensation: Competitive Compensation Package
You are an experienced clinical nursing professional who specializes in Intensive Cardiac Care Surgery (ICCS). You possess the educational credentials, the skills and knowledge required to effectively assist in providing continuous, comprehensive, coordinated and patient centered post-operative surgical care. In addition to your technical skills and knowledge you are characterized as a collaborative, respectful coworker who is a highly effective team member and demonstrates a commitment to excellence in patient care and the promotion of optimal cardiovascular health.
Our client is committed to:
- Providing an exciting opportunity for professional challenge, educational and skill development in a unique team-based hospital setting that recognized as a centre of excellence in the delivery of cardiac care. Located in Winnipeg, Manitoba you can experience friendly communities, a thriving arts and cultural scene plus access to beaches, lakes and parkland and enjoy a healthier balance between your work as a nurse and your personal life.
Under the general supervision of the Program Team Manager, Intensive Cardiac Care Surgery Nurse responsibilities will involve:
- Admitting post-operative cardiac surgery patients including those who undergo cardiac arterial bypass grafting, valve replacement or repair, aortic aneurysm repair, thoracoabdominal procedures and transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- Providing care for surgically managed heart failure patients, including: intraaortic balloon pumps, left ventricular assist devices and extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation
- Providing care of patients with arrhythmias, heart failure, aortic dissections, cardiogenic shock, sepsis, myocardial infarction, renal failure, stroke, multiorgan failure
- Utilizing specialized skills that may include epicardial pacemakers, continuous renal replacement therapy, caring for lumbar drains and cardiac surgery advanced life support
- Conducting Pre-cardiac transplant work up and occasional opportunities to transport patients out of province for cardiac transplants.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program with CRNM registration, Post Graduate course in I.C.U and 2+ years of recent nursing experience in ICU, Cardiology or Cardiac Surgery.
- Annual BLS Level C Registration/Re-Registration required.
- Demonstrated active participation in professional associations.
- Qualifications and Skills Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Able to work daytime, evening, staggered shifts and standby on call shifts.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) and Child Abuse Registry Check.
In return, what you can expect:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Affordable quality of life.
- Develop experience and critical thinking skills through exposure to a broad range of levels of patient acuity and specialized equipment in ICCS.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.