- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Vancouver & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Are you a Production or Operations Manager looking for your next career move? Do you have a background in food manufacturing and proven process improvement abilities? Can you motivate and lead your staff to produce a high quality product? Are you keen to get more involved in the ‘business’ and does potential opportunity for ownership, excite you? If so, please read on…
My client, a well-established food manufacturer is looking for an Operations Manager to join their team in the Fraser Valley. Reporting to the Owner, the Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of production of a small team; including staffing, quality, equipment maintenance, scheduling, and employee safety. You’ll also be overseeing the delivery teams and work to increase margins via efficiency, COGS analysis and negotiating with suppliers.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong leader with a passion for implementing process improvement procedures and promoting a team-oriented work environment. Note: as the finished product is primarily due first thing in the morning, the ability to oversee an afternoon/early morning workforce on multiple shifts (7 days) is essential.
My client is committed to:
- Fostering a team-oriented and motivational work environment
- Providing ongoing training and career advancement opportunities
What the Operations Manager does:
- Leads and motivates all staff to improve performance and achieve results
- Ensures standards for quality are continuously met and processes and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Tracks performance metrics and conducts performance evaluations
- Determines crew sizes and shift times to ensure efficiency in daily operations
- Creates efficient production and delivery schedules and trains employees to support production, fulfillment, and delivery requirements
- Identifies safety and maintenance concerns and finds resolutions
- Complies with safety policies, accident prevention procedures, and compliance programs and maintains a clean and sanitary work environment
What is expected of you:
- Previous experience in an Operations or Production Management position
- Previous experience of GMP’s in a food manufacturing environment is an asset, but not essential
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving abilities
- Motivates and leverages others to accomplish tasks and achieve results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What you can expect in return:
- Competitive salary ($75,000 - $80,000), a comprehensive benefits package and flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work for an organization going through change and looking for someone to help guide the ship
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to Dave Banns by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Only candidates already eligible in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Dave Banns has over ten years of global experience and applies his recruiting expertise to deliver top-tier engineering and operations candidates with unique skill sets to his clients. As Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, he builds and maintains relationships with our partners.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.