- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Vancouver & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Are you an experienced Designer / Drafter looking for your next career opportunity? Do you have a strong understanding of Solidworks and a background in sheet metal design? Would you like to expand your knowledge within a reputable organization?
My client, a market-leading player in the marine industry, is looking for a Designer / Drafter with Sheet Metal expertise to join their team in North Vancouver. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the Drafter, will be responsible for conceptualizing and preparing designs and drawings for various projects and inputting them into Solidworks. The ideal candidate for this role must be extremely detail-oriented with the ability to work well independently and utilize their extensive knowledge of sheet metal design and Solidworks to create high quality designs. Note: as this is an immediate start, we are looking for an individual currently based in the Vancouver area.
My client is committed to:
- Providing employees with a supportive management team (no micromanagement)
- Fostering an inclusive and results-driven work environment
- Offering opportunities for career growth and development
What the Designer / Drafter - Sheet Metal Expert does:
- Drafts and edits new and existing drawings and inputs designs into Solidworks
- Performs basic calculations and completes drawing revisions
- Ensures quality of results adhere to company standards, processes and procedures
- Reads and interprets data and notes from project sites
- Communicates progress of deliverables and timelines with colleagues and management
What is expected of you:
- 5+ years of sheet metal design
- 5+ years of Solidworks experience
- Fabrication drawings experience an asset
- Engineering education preferred but not required
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and results-driven
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well independently
What you can expect in return:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge and contribute to the success of a leading organization
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to Dave Banns by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
Dave Banns has over ten years of global experience and applies his recruiting expertise to deliver top-tier engineering and operations candidates with unique skill sets to his clients. As Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, he builds and maintains relationships with our partners.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.