- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Prince George & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
PreFab Wall Panel Shop Supervisor – Williams Lake, BC
Zirnhelt Timber Frames Ltd.
Contact - Dave Banns, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships
The Headhunters Recruitment Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org OR 604.682.9999 ext. 329
Zirnhelt Timber Frames, is a leader in high-performance (certified Net-Zero) construction focusing an hand-crafted timber frames with panelized and pre-finished wall systems (windows and siding installed in the shop). The company is located near Williams Lake, BC (Western Canada). The Zirnhelt Timber Frames was created to in pursuit of the owner’s commitment to sustainable forest management and rural economic development. The owners have secured a highly skilled team of crafts people who are dedicated to creating the best value possible for their customers. The business focuses on green building techniques, using local products and environmentally sound building practices, and understands rural lifestyle and the needs of customers looking to build in rural settings.
Zirnhelt Timber Frames design, engineer and build hand-crafted timber frame houses, timber frame vacation cottages, chalets, timber frame commercial buildings, timber frame barns and other timber frame outbuildings. Whether it is a basic structure or a complex dream home, Zirnhelt Timber Frames has the knowledge and skill set to accomplish the task in a professional manner.
Click here to see how Zirnhelt set up their custom homes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9HZGm-PSI
About the Williams Lake area:
Williams Lake is a picturesque town of 11,000 located 6 hours from Vancouver and 3 hours from Kamloops and Prince George. The surrounding area is rich in lakes, rivers and gorgeous mountain ranges. Wells Gray, Cariboo Mountains, Bowron Lakes, Tsylos, Tweedsmuir and Itcha-Ulgatcho Provincial Parks are all readily accessible. Williams Lake offers even the most adventurous at heart, a lifestyle like no other. In addition to fishing, canoeing and hiking, Williams Lake has a very active mountain biking and back country skiing community. Arts and culture and organic farming are a vital part of the community. Excellent local schools, Thompson Rivers University and a great recreation centre (ice rinks and pool) along with affordable family homes make this a great place to raise a family.
To learn more about the Williams Lake community please visit: http://www.williamslake.ca/
Working closely with the Shop Foreman and the design team, the Pre-Fab Wall Panel Shop Supervisor will be responsible for managing the prefabrication of panelized wall and roof systems for multiple projects including homes, daycares, and healthcare centers. Besides overseeing the scheduling, ordering, and receiving activities within the shop, the Shop Supervisor will also have the desire to be ‘on the tools’ and assist with production. There is significant opportunity to grow with the company in a supportive team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong carpentry background, a hands-on leadership style and excellent communication skills.
Major position accountabilities:
- Oversees panel shop operations including receiving, ordering, scheduling and delivery of materials
- Coordinates prefabrication assemblies for multiple projects
- Besides managing the process, will also be on the tools regularly
- Works mainly within the shop but travels to sites for set-ups when required
- Ensures prefabrication and sustainable building principles are practiced at all times
- Ensures safety is a priority
The company will expect from you:
- 5+ years of carpentry experience; Red Seal designation an asset
- Prefabrication experience desirable
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with CAD design an asset
- Ability to step in and assist with any part of the prefabrication process
- Strong team-player with excellent management abilities
- Must be comfortable working mainly in the shop with occasional travel to sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In return you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- A flexible position to match your experience with constant opportunity for learning and growth
- Opportunity to work for a cutting-edge organization committed to providing sustainable and energy efficient building choices for their customers
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to Dave Banns by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
Dave Banns has over ten years of global experience and applies his recruiting expertise to deliver top-tier engineering and operations candidates with unique skill sets to his clients. As Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, he builds and maintains relationships with our partners.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.