Did you know that 93% of our communication is non-verbal? This means that when you’re in an interview, those prepared answers you have in your head are only 7% of the equation. This video from behavioural investigator, Vanessa Van Edwards, shares some great do’s and don’ts of non-verbal communication to ace your next job interview.
- Only carry one bag. Too much stuff – handbag, briefcase, heavy coat – signals that you are disorganized
- Take care of the back of your shoes
- Smile only when it’s appropriate – too much smiling can make you seem less intelligent or insincere
- Sit at a slight angle to your interviewer to signal you’re “on the same side”
- Switch on your non-verbal cues from the parking lot – you never know who you’ll meet along the way and when you’re being be assessed
- Use power body language to boost your confidence, view Amy Cuddy’s TED talk for more.