- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Vancouver & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Are you an experienced Applications Engineer looking to take the next step up in your career? Would a role where you can utilize your technical knowledge, your project management abilities, and relationship building skills in equal parts excite you?
My client, an industry leading agricultural machinery supplier is looking for a Project Manager / Applications Engineer to join them in their Fraser Valley offices and support customers from order creation to the end of installation. You are basically the main point of contact throughout the process, ensuring high levels of customer service, ensuring the projects are delivered on time.
The Project Manager / Applications Engineer will advise on technical and customized aspects of machinery installation, as well as liaise and coordinate between relevant internal departments and external parties.
My client is committed to:
- Offering an energetic, collaborative and innovative team to work with
- Fostering opportunities for career development and progression
What the Project Manager / Applications Engineer does:
- Reviews sales orders, ensuring scope of project is captured and performing site visits when required.
- Evaluates customer site drawings to design custom machinery room layouts with input and feedback from engineers, client, and trades using Solidworks or AutoCAD.
- Creates and manages schedule for delivery, installation, commissioning, training, and follow up.
- Coordinates installation with contractors and trades, including electrical, HVAC, water and compressed air requirements.
- Maintains communication with client throughout length of project, providing regular updates and troubleshooting support when necessary
- Handles related administrative tasks as required, such as keeping tracking database updated and documenting all aspects of orders.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) and PMP, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in construction Project Management or other relevant field
- Experience with HVAC systems and/or general contracting is an asset
- Experience with CAD design (Solidworks/AutoCAD) is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep projects moving forward within budget
- Ability to travel occasionally
What you can expect in return
- Competitive six-figure base salary
- Comprehensive benefits and bonus package, including RRSP
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
Dave Banns has over ten years of global experience and applies his recruiting expertise to deliver top-tier engineering and operations candidates with unique skill sets to his clients. As Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, he builds and maintains relationships with our partners.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.