- Type: Full-time
- Location: AB - Edmonton & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
You are a safety focused and experienced professional in heavy truck and trailer mechanical maintenance management. You demonstrate highly developed skill in your ability to troubleshoot, identify, recommend and implement corrective measures to ensure optimal mechanical shop operation and respond to production needs and equipment failures. You possess technical expertise combined with the leadership skills to effectively coach and supervise a maintenance team to maximize operation on budget and with a consistently high level of accuracy and safety.
Our client is committed to:
- Providing an opportunity to join a supportive team environment in a rapidly growing company that recognizes and values their employees.
What the Fleet Maintenance Manager does:
- Provide leadership, mentoring and training to direct reports.
- Ensure that all maintenance is performed on company equipment in accordance with company and accepted industry standards.
- Assist mechanics with troubleshooting.
- Maximize shop efficiency by communicating with Director, Transportation and Transportation Managers to ensure that the appropriate equipment is available for maintenance.
- Ensure that all maintenance work is completed in an economically efficient, timely and safe manner.
- Assist Director, Transportation in budgetary planning and reports required by senior management.
- Track mechanics’ productivity and identify opportunities for improvement based on industry best practices.
- Manage the functioning of Parts Departments and ensure compliance to inventory control best practices and company policy.
- Maintain analysis of Company’s fleet profile and associated Maintenance & Tire Cost Forecasts.
- Adhere to and promote company policies and procedures.
- Review monthly fleet maintenance expenses vs budget and implement corrective actions where required.
- Maintain productive business relationships with third party vendors.
- Lead the identification and implementation of ways to better utilize TMT/TMW systems to optimize the company’s fleet performance.
- Direct container optimization planning and increase the company freight consolidations.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Red seal journeyman heavy duty mechanic certificate with 5+ years of experience managing a heavy truck and trailer repair shop.
- Experience with Cummins engines, hydraulic systems, super B’strailers and TMT/TMW fleet maintenance program an asset.
- CVIP license, and class 1 license an asset.
- Demonstrated experience and comprehensive knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of heavy equipment and other power driven equipment and tools.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Capable of preparing and maintaining accurate records and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and provide appropriate direction for mechanical failures.
- Collaborative communication style with the demonstrated ability to interact positively and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a crew of 12 or more employees.
In return, what you can expect:
- Competitive wages with comprehensive benefits plan.
Only candidates already eligible in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Danielle Bragge has over 30 years of recruitment experience in Canada and South Africa, and as Co-Founder and President, she built The Headhunters from the ground up. She specializes in the recruitment of operations professionals, drawing on her extensive background in recruiting as well as managing the operations of her own businesses.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.