- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Vancouver & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Are you an experienced Millwright looking for your next challenge? Do you have a background in the food and beverage space, or an interest and willingness to learn the industry within a well-established Canadian manufacturer?
My client, a leading Canadian manufacturer and retailer in Vancouver, is looking to add a Journeyman Millwright to their team. The Journeyman Millwright will be responsible for assembling and installing machinery/equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and drawings, as well as ensuring all machinery meets safety standards and is well maintained. The ideal candidate for this role must have a positive attitude with excellent organizational abilities and a strong understanding of the food and beverage industry. Cultural fit is essential for this role as you’ll be joining a friendly and welcoming team.
My client is committed to:
- Fostering a professional and supportive working environment
- Valuing their employees and recognizing their achievements
What the Journeyman Millwright does:
- Assembles, welds and installs machinery/equipment according to layout plans and blueprints
- Performs preventative maintenance on machinery and ensures safety standards are met
- Dismantles, moves and aligns machinery using appropriate equipment and tools
- Assists with troubleshooting and problem solving as required
- Performs all duties with a high degree of accuracy and precision
What is expected of you:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role; Red Seal certification an asset
- Experience working in a food and beverage manufacturing environment ideal
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities – strong mechanical and welding skills are essential
- Experience with mechanical installations and the ability to interpret drawings and blueprints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and a team-player
- Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekends – a significant portion of this role will be on an afternoon shift (2-10:30pm)
What you can expect in return:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Ongoing professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to play a key role in the success of a reputable organization
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, send your resume to Dave Banns by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Only candidates already eligible in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Dave Banns has over ten years of global experience and applies his recruiting expertise to deliver top-tier engineering and operations candidates with unique skill sets to his clients. As Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, he builds and maintains relationships with our partners.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.