- Type: Full-time
- Location: MB - Winnipeg & Area
- Compensation: Competitive Compensation Package
You are a qualified, experienced finance professional with demonstrated expertise in investment and portfolio management. You are skilled in providing strategic and analytical insight that enables you to develop innovative investment ideas that ensures improvement and growth of the company business model and future development. You combine technical financial skill with the ability to provide strategically effective recommendations to the company’s investment team and Senior Investment Administrator.
Our client is committed to:
- Providing an exciting opportunity to work with their partners in managing a growing full discretion portfolio to help investors across Canada manage their wealth and take advantage of investment opportunities.
As Portfolio Analyst/Trader, you will:
- Use Employer fundamentals, forward street estimate, valuation strategies, comparative peer studies, macroeconomic data, and news analytics within public equities and bonds, private equities, and real estate to generate innovative investment ideas.
- Combine quantitative modeling, fundamental analysis, and charting on a select stock coverage universe to determine portfolio allocations within the parameters of the retail investor’s IPS.
- Collect and update KYC information from client base, determine suitability and allocate investments in portfolios accordingly.
- Provide investment trade instructions to the Senior Investment Administrator for client accounts and for proprietary investment pools.
- Present findings on current holdings or new investment ideas to the investment team consistent with the company’s investment philosophy.
- Prepare, lead, and organize investment committee meetings to discuss current stock, bond, and private equity holdings as well as any new market developments and investment opportunities.
- Visit the company’s current or prospective locations real estate and private equity investments for fair value and assessment management (at initiation, troubleshooting, due diligence and valuation throughout the holding period).
- Formulate research insight notes and provide presentations at conferences and to the investment team, clients, prospects and advisors.
- Travel as needed for physical property assessments and due diligence, client meetings, advisor meetings and conferences.
- Assist with the formal documentation of the company’s portfolio management philosophy, processes and systems/tools.
- Lead and mentor investment team concurrent with your experience and role.
- Enhance business model and company improvement by liaising with key departments within the firm, including accounting, compliance and operations.
- Contribute to the company’s periodic investment commentary and provide ongoing communication internally and externally as it relates to investment strategy.
- Provide input on future investment mandates and strategies.
- Prepare, maintain, and evaluate hypothetical investment portfolios containing holdings, returns and recommendations as research and development for future investment funds and alternative alpha sources.
- Adhere to the company’s professional and ethical standards, operating policies and procedures, and regulatory and legislative compliances.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- CFA Designation or enrollment in the program is an asset.
- Advising or Associate Advising Representative license with demonstrated experience in investment portfolio management.
- Demonstrated experience as a Broker or Advisor Assistant with a CIM and ability to obtain license for trading.
- Exceptional financial analytical skills with the ability to research, collect and analyze investment data.
- Demonstrated familiarity and comfort with using data portals (Bloomberg, YCharts), calling sell-side brokers and researching company websites for fundamental stock information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor and provide team leadership.
- Superior oral, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organization, time-management, problem solving and prioritization skills.
In return, what you can expect:
- Very competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to develop and move into a full Portfolio Manager role with a highly respected asset management firm.
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.