- Type: Full-time
- Location: AB - Edmonton & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Our client is looking for an Operations Team Lead for their Distribution Centre. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective operation of the functional areas of Transportation, Distribution and Furniture Repair in the Company’s Regional Distribution Centre
Our client is committed to:
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
What the Operations Retail Team Lead does:
- Optimize the flow of all inbound product to and outbound product from the Distribution Center.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all stores being serviced by the Distribution Center.
- To assist in the preparation of financials, with a full understanding of how to affect change and the ability to report on variances on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the facility and equipment to maintain Distribution Center productivity, safety and efficiency.
- Maintain Delivery and Repair vehicles consistent with the Safety standards and Lease requirements.
- Execute all aspects of successful Inventory Management.
- Understand, follow and ensure compliance with all safe work practices and rules.
- Assure compliance with all Company policies and procedures
What the successful candidate will bring:
- Post-secondary education
- 3-5 years distribution experience combined with 1-2 years supervisory experience and experience in the furniture industry is an asset.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to build high performing teams
- Ability to lead and measure self and others work
- Excellent computer skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Demonstrates the company’s Core and Leadership competencies
In return, what you can expect:
- To work for one of Canada’s top 50 employers
- Ongoing training and development
- A national presence
- Opportunity for growth or relocation potential
Only candidates already eligible in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Danielle Bragge has over 30 years of recruitment experience in Canada and South Africa, and as Co-Founder and President, she built The Headhunters from the ground up. She specializes in the recruitment of operations professionals, drawing on her extensive background in recruiting as well as managing the operations of her own businesses.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.