- Type: Full-time
- Location: CA - Canada (Other)
- Compensation: TBD
You are a natural leader and negotiator with a process mindset. You have comprehensive and experience in sourcing and stocking strategies and purchasing management. You are highly skilled in procurement, supplier negotiations, contracts development and management across our multiple product categories. You combine exceptional research, evaluation and decision-making skills with remarkable business intuition and drive that enables you to provide high quality analytical analysis, strategic analysis and insight to suppliers and markets.
Our client is committed to:
- Providing an opportunity to join an iconic Canadian company that is partnered with hundreds of world-class customers and suppliers to deliver high quality products and services.
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Supply Chain, as National Purchasing Manager, you will:
- Collaborate with sales, operations and finance in the preparation, management of inventory budgets and associated line items.
- Develop, revise, and implement company purchasing policies and procedures as required.
- Review and manage procurement activities to meet procurement team scorecard metrics and goals.
- Regularly support the purchasing team in evaluating vendors, items, and programs to meet the needs of our customers.
- Supervise, coach and support procurement staff as well as other staff that support procurement management.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or other applicable field with 5+ years of purchasing management experience.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (S.C.M.P.) designation.
- Product knowledge of industrial, electrical, plumbing, heating would be an asset.
- High familiarity with procurement related processes (requisitioning, order processing, inventory management, invoicing, and payment).
- Exceptional skills and experience in working in a cross-functional team environment with the ability to build consensus and productive collaboration.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong research, spreadsheet and analytical skills.
- Competence with MS Word and PowerPoint.
In return, what you can expect:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Opportunity to work with a company that has been the recipient of the Deloitte’s Best Managed Company Award.
If you are interested in the position of National Purchasing Manager, please submit your resume to Moneet Sidhu by clicking "Apply Now".
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.