- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Vancouver & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Project Manager - Capital Projects
Ashcroft Terminal Ltd
Contact - Dave Banns, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships
The Headhunters Recruitment Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.682.9999 ext. 329
ABOUT ASHCROFT TERMINAL:
Ashcroft Terminal (AT), located in Ashcroft, BC, is British Columbia’s largest inland terminal. Comprising 320 acres of freehold industrial land, Ashcroft Terminal is the only major privately-owned industrial property in Canada where both Class 1 railroad lines – including Canadian National Railway and Canadian Pacific Railway – run through, transporting import and export cargoes to and from the Port of Vancouver, across Canada and as far as Chicago and other North American markets.
We are an industry leader in developing solutions that maximize logistics and reduce supply chain costs for our clients. Shippers, producers, and manufacturers who are working with Ashcroft Terminal to remove bottlenecks and smooth out their product moves, have benefitted from the ease and efficiency of our one-of-a-kind transloading solution.
As a member of the PSA Group, Ashcroft Terminal is now part of global company dedicated to being the port operator of choice in the world’s gateway hubs, renowned for best-in-class services an successful partnerships. We offer a pleasant work environment and do all we can to make our workplace a great place to work.
Reporting to the Ashcroft Terminal Management Team, the Project Manager - Capital Projects is responsible for managing assigned capital construction projects in support of Ashcroft Terminal’s strategic objectives and oversees all aspects of a project’s construction lifecycle from tendering, contract drafting, and project scheduling to construction completion.
During project execution, the Project Manager - Capital Projects is responsible for ensuring capital works projects are managed such that they are delivered within scope, budget and on schedule. Together with the third-party engineering and contracting teams the Project Manager - Capital Projects will create and implement the project scope of work, budget and construction schedule while ensuring that the projects are delivered in accordance with the best-in-class safety practices and project specific construction environmental management plans.
The Project Manager - Capital Projects is required to prepare and maintain project management files consisting of progress reports, photos, construction related technical reports, progress payments, required contract reporting such as change orders, write project update reports, complete post audit project inspection memos and other reports as needed.
Major Position Accountabilities:
- Creates, implements and manages all project management activities pertaining to project execution and carries clear accountability for the delivery of the project’s scope of work, budget and schedule as set out in contracts.
- With approval from the Ashcroft Terminal Management Team, ensures all human and financial resources are in place for project management execution.
- Monitors, with assistance from the Ashcroft Terminal Management Team, project expenses and change orders against the approved budgets. Obtains approval for scope, budget and schedule amendments.
- Reviews and works closely with consultants and contractors to ensure all project documentation such as safety management plans, project risk mitigation plans, construction environmental management plans, site transportation plans, are in place prior to commencement of construction.
- Monitor and ensure contractors compliance with engineering specifications, drawings and instructions.
- Ensures project risk assessments are carried out and risks are managed throughout the project.
- Resolves construction activity and site operating conflicts as required.
- Promotes safe work practices in accordance with Ashcroft Terminal’s goal of achieving a safe culture by:
- Participating in the investigation of all incidents reported and ensuring all follow up actions are carried out.
- Participating in safety audits of construction site.
- Attending all identified safety training.
- Manages the substantial completion process of a project ensuring the project construction is consistent with its design specifications, and contractual obligations. Leads the final acceptance of projects including the final site inspection.
- Creates and manages a highly committed and aligned project management team and healthy working environment.
- Continues his / her professional development by keeping abreast of new project management methodologies, construction technologies, construction methodologies and technical information by personal study and participating in relevant courses, conferences and workshops.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Ashcroft Terminal Management Team.
What the company will expect from you:
- Project Management Designation - PMP
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or other related discipline or experience will be considered)
- Registration with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC – EGBC (ideally PEng)
- 10 years’ of project management experience with related multi-discipline experience in civil & rail construction and administrative processes
- Strong leadership presence and management skills
- Travel between head office in Vancouver, BC and site office in Ashcroft, BC
- Previous experience leading on major projects is a necessity, as you must be ready to hit the ground running and take charge to steer the project forward
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with a range of individuals, including peers, junior team members, and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge and experience with AutoCAD
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
In return you can expect:
- An attractive package is being offered, inclusive of benefits, vacation and bonus
- The opportunity to play a central role in further developing Canada’s leading-edge inland rail Terminal
- A professional, collaborative, and highly organized work environment
- The chance to join a reputable organization that is committed to sustainable project development and actively partnering with communities, stakeholders, and shareholders
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to Dave Banns by clicking 'Apply Now' or via email@example.com
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.
Dave Banns has over ten years of global experience and applies his recruiting expertise to deliver top-tier candidates with unique skill sets to his clients. As Vice President of the BC division, he leads our Vancouver-based team and specializes in the recruitment of engineering and operations professionals.