- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Vancouver & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Have you established yourself as an Operations leader within the food production space? Are you driven to build a highly engaged team and advance a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking an experienced VP Operations for our client, a leading Canadian manufacturer and retailer, to be based in Vancouver. The ideal candidate for this high-profile role will have a proven track record leading the operations of a complex manufacturing business, with a background in food processing or another highly regulated industry. This is a unique opportunity to join a major player in Vancouver and help take their organization to the next level.
Our client is committed to:
- Empowering you as a leader who reports directly to the President
- Fostering a supportive, professional and positive work environment
- Valuing their employees and recognizing their achievements
What the VP Operations does:
- Leads and empowers a large, knowledgeable team across key areas such as Production, Inventory, QA, Purchasing, Logistics & Distribution, Maintenance and Engineering
- Continues to build upon and strengthen union relations within the manufacturing environment
- Identifies new opportunities to enhance and improve existing operational processes and expand automation
- Acts as the ambassador for operational efficiency and excellence, and inspires the team to make advances in the areas of lean and continuous improvement
- Prioritizes safety and quality, and leads Health & Safety across the manufacturing operations
- Liaises with external stakeholders as well as various teams within the business to create and execute company-wide strategies for operations and supply chain
What is expected of you:
- Executive leadership experience in manufacturing operations and supply chain
- Experience leading the operations of a complex, large-scale manufacturing business; a preference will be given to candidates with union experience
- A background in food processing or a highly regulated industry is a must
- Continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated success identifying and recommending opportunities to optimize operations
- Ability to build a strategic leadership plan while also having a hands-on, collaborative team approach
- Superior skills in negotiating and communicating
What you can expect:
- Competitive annual base salary plus bonus
- Exceptional benefits and vacation package
- A fantastic opportunity to join the executive leadership team and impact the growth and direction of the company
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, send your resume to Lindsay Kikuchi by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Only candidates already eligible in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.
Lindsay Kikuchi has over a decade of recruitment experience, specializing in operations and supply chain. With experience in markets across North America and Asia, she operates from a solid network of high calibre candidates and top-tier clients in manufacturing, distribution, transportation and retail.