- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Kelowna & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Our client, a progressive and growing industry leader, has a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist in located in Ashcroft, BC. If you have a track record of success in implementing and driving Human Resource initiatives and would like to live outside of the hustle and bustle of a large city, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
A newly created position for the company, the Human Resources Generalist will have full responsibility of the Human Resources function. The primary focus of this position is the day-to-day creation, delivery, and coordination of the HR programs and services for the local team. The right candidate for this opportunity will have the confidence to carry out the position with sensitivity and tactfulness, while also balancing the interests all parties.
Responsibilities of the HR Generalist:
- Positioning the company as a desirable place to work and acting as a brand ambassador in the community
- Coordinating all recruitment, retention and engagement efforts
- Supporting departmental managers
- Supporting employee training and development initiatives
- Maintaining all employee records
- Shaping a positive and fun company culture and overseeing employee social event planning activities
- Coordinating implementation of compensation and benefits programs and enhancements
- Acting as a key employee relations resource for the company and creating a safe place for employees and managers alike to discuss their concerns
What our client will expect from you:
- Relevant post-secondary degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration
- CPHR designation
- 5+ years of experience as an HR generalist
- Strong working knowledge of BC workplace legislation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong working relationships and gain the confidence of managers and employees alike
- Able to work well independently or in a team setting, in an unstructured environment
What you can expect in return:
- A friendly and respectful work environment, and a family feel approach to business
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent employee training and development initiatives
Only candidates already eligible in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Carly Fairhurst has over ten years of experience in the recruitment industry. Driven to exceed expectations, she delivers unparalleled service to everyone she partners with. By digging deep into both an employer’s strategic goals and culture, she is able to uncover candidates that will be the right fit.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.