- Type: Full-time
- Location: BC - Kelowna & Area
- Compensation: Competitive
Contact - Carly Fairhurst, Senior Recruitment Consultant
The Headhunters Recruitment Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.682.9999 ext. 228
Ashcroft Terminal, located in beautiful Ashcroft, BC, is British Columbia’s largest inland terminal. Comprising 320 acres of freehold industrial land, Ashcroft Terminal is the only major privately-owned industrial property in Canada where both Class 1 railroad lines – including Canadian National Railway and Canadian Pacific Railway – run through, transporting import and export cargoes to and from the Port of Vancouver, across Canada and as far as Chicago and other North American markets.
Ashcroft Terminal is an industry leader in developing solutions that maximize logistics and reduce supply chain costs to their clients. Shippers, producers, and manufacturers who are working with Ashcroft Terminal to remove bottlenecks and smooth out their product moves, have benefitted from the ease and efficiency of their one-of-a-kind transloading solution.
As a member of the PSA Group, Ashcroft Terminal is now part of global company dedicated to being the port operator of choice in the world’s gateway hubs, renowned for best-in-class services an successful partnerships. They offer a pleasant work environment and are committed to making their workplace a great place to work. By good fortune and management ability, they have been successful at attracting and retaining talent and are now looking to take the next step and hire an HR Generalist to help elevate their business even further.
For further information about Ashcroft Terminal, visit their website at: https://www.ashcroftterminal.com/
Ashcroft Terminal is located in Ashcroft, BC, a small town located along the banks of the Thompson River in BC’s beautiful interior. Known for its rich history and the best of small town living, ample outdoor activities and affordable housing, Ashcroft is a wonderful place to live and work.
To find out more about Ashcroft click here: http://www.ashcroftbc.ca/
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Officer this newly created HR Generalist position will have full local responsibility of Human Resources for Ashcroft Terminal. The primary focus of this position is the day-to-day delivery, coordination and administration of HR programs and services for the local team. The right candidate for this opportunity will have the confidence to carry out the position with sensitivity and tactfulness, while also balancing the interests all parties.
- Positioning Ashcroft Terminal as a desirable place to work and acting as a brand ambassador in the community
- Coordinating all recruitment, retention and engagement efforts
- Supporting managers to effectively manage employees
- Supporting employee training and development initiatives
- Maintaining all employee records
- Shaping a positive and fun company culture and overseeing employee social event planning activities
- Coordinating implementation of compensation and benefits programs and enhancements
- Acting as a key employee relations resource for the company and creating a safe place for employees and managers alike to discuss their concerns
What Ashcroft Terminal will expect from you:
- Relevant post-secondary degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration
- CPHR designation
- 5+ years of experience as an HR generalist
- Strong working knowledge of BC workplace legislation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong working relationships and gain the confidence of managers and employees alike
- Able to work well independently or in a team setting, in an unstructured environment
What you can expect in return:
- A friendly and respectful work environment, and a family feel approach to business
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent employee training and development initiatives
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to Carly Fairhurst by clicking 'Apply Now'
Only candidates already eligible in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.
Carly Fairhurst has over ten years of experience in the recruitment industry. Driven to exceed expectations, she delivers unparalleled service to everyone she partners with. By digging deep into both an employer’s strategic goals and culture, she is able to uncover candidates that will be the right fit.