SAFETY RISK AND WORKSTYLE PROFILES
Wondering how to make your workplace safer? Reduce on-the-job injuries and work stoppages? Increase productivity?
- Up to 90% of industrial accidents are due to human error
- Direct costs created by workplace injuries total $51.8 billion annually. This sum represents one quarter of each dollar of pretax corporate profits!
- Indirect costs may run as much as 20 times the direct costs of on-the-job accidents and illnesses
A crucial part of the safety puzzle has been missing…until now.
TalentClick brings you customized, affordable Safety Solutions
We are a western-Canada based consulting firm that has worked with safety associations and corporations across North America. We are the only psychological assessment firm with employee-selection software specialized for assessing Safety Risk and Workstyle, especially for front-line workers.
Let talentClick show you how our Safety Risk and Workstyle Profiles help reduce human error.
“I think TalentClick Safety can set an entirely new standard in safety culture of an organization and in safety training and education. In effect it identifies the potential and deals with it, proactively, before an accident happens.”-Bill Bullis, past CEO, British Columbia Automobile Association & Co-founder, Traffic Safety Foundation
“We were very impressed with the assessments. It is amazing how it seems to highlight the candidates’ fit to our department.”-Chief of Emergency Services, City of Red Deer, Alberta
To create the most comprehensive, thorough overall safety climate, a company should:
- Use the right traditional safety methods and training
- Hire people who are naturally safety conscious
But how can we predict a person’s natural tendencies?
While organizations may already have excellent training programs, research has demonstrated that they can significantly improve safety by improving employee selection:
- Screening out applicants who are at higher risk of engaging in unsafe behaviours
- Screening in applicants who are most likely to display safety-related work behaviours
How does it work? Our online assessment software measures behaviours, workstyles, and personality traits linked to human error. We then use help you to select workers who are:
- Compliant vs. Defiant
- Emotionally Stable vs. Highly Reactive
- Cautious vs. Reckless
- Vigilant vs. Distractible
- Trainable vs. Arrogant
This approach has helped organizations reduce human error, with the following ROI case study results:
- 40% decrease in rule violations
- 50% fewer accidents overall
- 52% reduction in lost-time injuries
- 40% decrease in workers compensation claims, and resulting decrease in insurance premiums
- 27% fewer work stoppages, with a resulting increase in productivity
Stephen Race has a Masters in Occupational Psychology and has worked with large companies such as Finning, EPCOR Utilities, Lafarge, BC Forest Safety Council, Tembec, SAP, Accenture, Encana, SNC Lavalin, Teekay Marine, BCAA Road Safety Foundation and the largest steel manufacturer in the world.
“We are delighted by the results of Stephen’s work in predicting on-the-job behavior.” -HR executive, steel manufacturing
“These reports exceeded my expectations. They were spot on… totally nailed it, very insightful.” -Executive, EPCOR Utilities
“Poor quality in our assessment and selection process had cost us in excess of $500,000 over 2 years. In contrast, we now use Stephen’s tools from the time we start planning to hire new people, and Stephen is involved as a coach throughout the hiring process. Since we started to do things ‘the right way the first time,’ we have avoided hiring mistakes and the productivity of the teams has improved beyond our expectations.” -President, IFD Corporation