Your weekly roundup of the what happened in the world hiring and job search this week:
- The latest chapter of the National Household Survey is out; an interesting snapshot of Canada at work. Most people are moving north and west for jobs!
- Another SCC decision was released in regards to random alcohol testing. An important read for those dealing with collective agreements.
- On a similar note, the Washington Journal looked at the recent trend of companies offering alcohol in the office.
- For the bold job seeker: here are 7 real networking and job pitch emails that dared to be different (and worked!)
- And if you’ve had a bad week at the office, just be glad you didn’t get held hostage at work like this guy.
Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Canada Day! Our offices will be closed July 1 but will reopen on July 2.
And in case you missed them, here were our latest posts blog posts this week:
- Ask A Recruiter: Will I lose top performers if I don’t offer flexible work?
- 5 Canadian Employers with Fantastic Flexible Work Environments
- What Makes an Employee Happy [INFOGRAPHIC]
Don’t forget, if you have a question for Ask A Recruiter, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org