Here’s what happened in the world of hiring and employment this week:
- A new report from CIBC World Markets confirms what we all thought: too few students are choosing to study high-demand fields.
- But for those already employed, the workforce is increasingly optimistic according to a survey released by BMO.
- Folks in Alberta have more to smile about with Statistics Canada revealing Albertans have the highest weekly earnings amongst all the provinces.
- Due diligence, due diligence! The City of Vancouver’s hiring practices have come under scrutiny after it was revealed they hired a Hells Angel.
- Open-plan offices are counter-productive according to a new study of 42,000 U.S. office workers.
Have a great long weekend everyone; we’re closed Monday but back in business on Tuesday!
And in case you missed them, here were our latest posts blog posts this week:
Don’t forget, if you have a question for Ask A Recruiter, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org