Get your weekly roundup of the what happened in the world hiring and job search this week:
- The Canadian job market has taken an unexpected tumble, losing 54,500 jobs in March, the worst loss in more than four years.
- News doesn’t seem to be much better in States. Even MacDonald’s is requiring a bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience just to be a cashier!
- It only gets wackier for job seekers – popular news site BuzzFeed has posted a job that states: “Instead of a cover letter, please send us instructions on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.”
- Take a look at what your office will be like in 2020.
- And for your dose of Friday LOLs, here’s the Ultimate Round-Up of April Fools 2013.
Have a great weekend everyone!
And in case you missed them, here were our latest posts blog posts this week:
- April Fools’ in the Workplace [INFOGRAPHIC]
- What Employees Want
- Branding Yourself Online: The Basics
If you have a question for Ask A Recruiter, email us at email@example.com