Here’s what happened in the world of hiring and employment this week:
- Planning on a long-term career in social media? Doubtful. A study by Workopolis shows social media jobs will become obsolete in 10 years.
- New research suggests that posting your religion online could cost you that job.
- INSEAD’s new Global Talent Competitiveness Index provides an interesting look into which countries are the most competitive in attracting, recruiting and retaining worldwide talent.
- An example of how treating your employees poorly can damage your employer brand: A Pizza Hut manager was fired for refusing to open on U.S. Thanksgiving.
- Let’s compare with some good employer branding for Loblaw’s who were applauded for continuing to hire grads during the recession.
Have a fantastic weekend!
And in case you missed them, here were our latest posts blog posts this week:
Don’t forget, if you have a question for Ask A Recruiter, email us at email@example.com