Here’s what happened in the world of hiring and employment this week:
- Seems like we’ve got a lot to smile about! Canadians are the happiest employees in the world according to a new global report.
- Canadians have no qualms with packing up and moving inland. The latest figures from BMO show that the number of Canadians migrating is the highest in 25 years.
- If you don’t see the point in LinkedIn or Twitter, think again! 39% of Canadians had been contacted through a network and 14% had been hired after the initial contact.
- Ever wish you could shed some kilos while at work? These 22 Manitoban workers have upgraded to treadmill desks.
- Don’t get caught out by social media gaffes! New web app, Persona, acts as your online reputation manager. The service monitors your Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts and sends you an email or SMS alert when it identifies potentially offensive material.
We wish you all a warm weekend in this cooling climate!
And in case you missed them, here were our latest posts blog posts this week:
Don’t forget, if you have a question for Ask A Recruiter, email us at email@example.com