Here’s what happened in the world of hiring and employment this week:
- According to a new BMO poll, nearly half of Canadians are in their ‘dream job’.
- But are we turning up to these ‘dream jobs’? Studies show that absenteeism is on the rise. And women have higher absentee rates than men.
- You may have noticed in this week that LinkedIn now includes sponsored jobs in your home feed. Now even easier to spot the jobs you might be interested in!
- An Ontario case reminds us why you should be careful what questions you ask job applicants.
- This week we say goodbye to acclaimed TV Drama ‘Breaking Bad’. Surprisingly, you can learn a few important career lessons from Chemistry teacher turned meth lord, Walter White.
Have a great weekend everyone!
And in case you missed them, here were our latest posts blog posts this week:
- Would you fire employees who don’t fit your company culture? The CEO of Zappos.com does
- Leadership: Going from Good to Great
Don’t forget, if you have a question for Ask A Recruiter, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org