Creative has been overthrown, there’s a new king buzzword in town! After two years at the top, LinkedIn users are still using “creative” a lot on their profiles but not nearly as much as they are using the word “responsible”.
LinkedIn’s annual buzzword study looks at the profiles of some of their 259 million members worldwide. The study looks at only English-language profiles and determines the top 10 overused buzzwords across the globe.
Top 10 overused buzzwords on LinkedIn profiles 2013:
Other Key Highlights:
- ‘Responsible’ was used more than twice as often as the number two buzzword, ‘strategic’.
- Of the top buzzwords from 2012 only four make the list in 2013: ‘creative’, ‘responsible’, ‘effective’, ‘analytical’.
- Some words from last year that didn’t make the cut this year are: ‘experimental’, ‘motivated’, ‘multinational’, ‘specialized’.
- Most English-language countries sampled had the same top three buzzwords, in the same order: ‘responsible’, ‘strategic’, ‘effective’.
- ‘Sustainable’ was in top ten in only the Netherlands; ‘enthusiastic’ only in Great Britain.
- Geographical neighbors Australia and New Zealand were the only countries to feature ‘passionate’ in their respective top ten lists.