The office environment can have a significant impact on an employee’s motivation and therefore it is important the space is designed for productivity. Before choosing the finer details of your office such as wall colour, plants and art, you need to choose the layout of your desks and work stations. The design you opt for can drastically impact the atmosphere you create for your team. The following infographic from Chair Office outlines the pros and cons of each of the different types of office layouts to help you determine which is best for your business.
Regardless of the office arrangement you choose, the most desirable features that employees are looking for in an office include:
- Natural light – No more fluorescent lights.
- Live indoor plants – Add some greenery and life to your office.
- Quiet working area – Limit distractions and noise.
- View of the sea – This may not be possible for every business, substitute with the view you have available.
- Bright colours – Learn more about choosing the best colour for your office >>