Looking for a fresh start this Spring? A new job? Or simply a new challenge in your current role? You’re not alone. Spring fever hits the workplace every Spring. People can get restless – some put their energies into gardening, shaping and tending the soil. And like every new seedling that needs care and attention to grow, your career needs the same. So what are you doing to grow your career this Spring? These tips can get you started planting the right seeds:
- Professional development Increase your skill set and make knowledge your strength.
- Set goals Unless you know what you want from your career, you can’t work towards it.
- Network Widen your horizon, meet new people and expand your circle of influence.
- Challenge yourself “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have mastered, you will never grow.” – C. R. Lawton
- Move on when you need to If you are not growing in your job right now, then move on.
Spring is the perfect time of year to give some care and attention to your career. What seeds do you need to plant NOW to grow the career of your dreams?