When it comes to your resume, clean and simple formatting is your best bet.
Here are our guidelines for formatting and sending your resume:
- Keep your resume short, around 2-3 pages.
- Use bullet points.
- Have several people review your resume for any spelling or grammatical errors. Do not rely on spell check alone!
- Use the same font throughout.
- No photos or graphics. The only exception is for creative jobs, like a Graphic Designer role, where the resume is almost considered part of the portfolio.
- Email your resume and rename the file to an appropriate name. For example, ‘Mary Smith Resume.’
- Triple check your contact details are correct.
- Apply using a professional email.
- Accompany your resume with an attention-grabbing cover letter either as an attachment or in the email body.
Looking for an easy way to create a professional resume, online portfolio or personal landing page?