Maybe you are between jobs, you’ve just relocated or you are looking to expand your experience and network. Whatever your circumstance, temping can be a great option if you are looking for flexible employment. In addition, the summer months are ripe with opportunities so it is the prefect time to experience the many benefits of temping:
- Temporary employment is a great way to enhance your resume and gain experience.
- Your skill sets are kept current and you are exposed to different industries and businesses.
- Some contracts, such as maternity leave positions, can provide you with up to 12 months of job security.
- You can search for a permanent role and keep earning income at the same time.
- Temping gives you the ability to expand your network and make new contacts. Plus, the employer may become a great reference for future opportunities.
- 60% of contract roles have the potential to become full time. To grab the attention of the employer treat every day like an audition.
- If you have been out of the workforce for a long period temping can provide psychological benefits.
- Hate the interview process? 80% of temp roles do not require an interview!
What our happy Temps have to say:
“Professional, friendly and helpful in my dealings with TempsAhead. I was expecting the process to be long and drawn out although was thrilled when I was placed within 3 weeks. Had the interview Friday afternoon and was working the next Monday.”
“I used various resources when looking for a job and TempsAhead blew them all out of the water! They were constantly exceeding my expectations and proved that they truly cared about my career goals. I was never left wondering what the outcome of my interviews were, and I was able to be open and honest in how I felt about the opportunities presented to me. TempsAhead is a great recruitment agency – I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to make the next step in their career!”